2. Rachel Ditor, the literary manager and resident dramaturg of the Arts Club, will direct the comic, coming-of-age story My Turquoise Years. Wendy Noel (who played Annie Clark in Calendar Girls) and Peter Anderson (writer and lead actor in Don Quixote) will star in this production.
3. We’re also bringing back David Mackay and Ryan Beil from this season’s hit The Importance of Being Earnest—David to direct the hilarious Boeing Boeing, and Ryan to star in the comedic SantaLand Diaries.
4. Meg Roe, who starred in this season’s Canadian classic The Penelopiad, will make her debut as an Arts Club director with Master Class.
6. Yvette Nolan’s new work The Unplugging will be directed by Lois Anderson (who recently starred in The Penelopiad) and will star Margo Kane (a leading figure in Aboriginal performing arts), Jenn Griffin, and Anton Lipovetsky.
7. An enhanced version of the hit indie musical Ride the Cyclone, will begin its national tour at the Granville Island Stage, presented in collaboration with the PuSh Festival.
8. Gina Chiarelli, the two time winner of the Jessie Richardson Award for acting, will star as the legendary Maria Callas in the Tony Award–winning play Master Class. She will act alongside Shannon Chan-Kent, Frederik Robert, Angus Kellett, Melanie Krueger, and Felix LeBlanc.
9. We have Norman Browning (recently seen in High Society), Leslie Jones, Luc Roderique, Andrew Cownden, Jay Hindle, Chris Cochrane, Sebastian Kroon, John Voth, Josh Drebit, and Christine Quintana (our very own box office staff member!) to star in the bawdy romp She Stoops To Conquer.
10. A mile-high comedy Boeing-Boeing features Jonathon Young, Andrew McNee, Kimberley Sustad, Colleen Wheeler, and Moya O’Connell.
Eagerly anticipating a season of great shows! (*Hint: You can get the best seats at the best price when you purchase season tickets!) Stay tuned for more of the latest updates on the new season.