When young people take part in the Arts Club Musical Theatre Intensive they become part of our community and, whenever possible, we offer alumni opportunities to perform at special events and workshops.
The greatest thrill, however, is seeing our students move on to greater and greater successes. Alumni of our program are now studying at top theatre schools around the world, including Sheridan University, the National Theatre School, Studio 58, Grant MacEwan University, UBC, The Randolph Academy, AMDA, and LAMDA.
We are also seeing the emergence of our alumni on professional stages around the country. MTI graduates have graced the stages of the Chemainus Theatre Festival, Stage West Theatre (Calgary), Persephone Theatre (Saskatoon), and of course the Arts Club.
In fact, this season four of our Junior alumni appeared in Arts Club productions: Jordyn Bennett (class of 2014), Avery Johnson (class of 2015), and Graham Verchere (class of 2015) were all in the company of A Christmas Story, The Musical, and Toby Verchere (class of 2015) performed in It’s a Wonderful Life. Additionally, MTI Program Director Peter Jorgensen is lucky to have former MTI student Courtney Shields as his assistant for the upcoming production of Rock of Ages.
Here are more of our fantastic alumni who have graced our stages:
- Stuart Barclay played Enjolras in Les Misérables
- Darren Burkett was in the ensembles of Mary Poppins, Hairspray, White Christmas, Beauty and the Beast, The Producers, and Gypsy
- Andrew Cohen played Judas in Godspell
- Kayla Dunbar played Kate Monster/Lucy in Avenue Q and was in the ensembles of Hairspray, and Gypsy
- Cameron Dunster was in the ensemble of Spamalot
- Allison Fligg was in the ensembles of White Christmas and Hairspray
- Kaylee Harwood played Cosette in Les Misérables
- Christine Quintana appeared in Saint Joan and She Stoops to Conquer
Applications are now open! Program dates and information on how to apply for MTI 2016 (Vancouver and Surrey) are now available on our website. For more information, please contact email@example.com.