Right now, a talented group of local playwrights are busy preparing final drafts of scripts for three musicals and three plays, and they need your help! We’d like to invite you to get involved in the exciting process of bringing new works to the stage with our series of fall play readings, ReACT: New Plays in Progress, kicking off this Sunday. These free events are hosted by our Literary Manager, Rachel Ditor, and Artistic Managing Director, Bill Millerd, along with a team of Vancouver theatre actors who will do
the honours of reading these scripts in public for the first time!
SCHEDULE OF READINGS AND TALK BACKS:
- Sunday, November 2, 7 PM Onegin by Amiel Gladstone and Veda Hille (followed by a reception, details below)
- Monday, November 3, 12 PM Gross Misconduct by Meghan Gardiner*
- Friday, November 7, 8 PM Franklin Falls by Courtenay Ennis and Roger Haskett
- Saturday, November 8, 2 PM Comfort and Joy by David King
- Saturday, November 8, 8 PM Children of God by Corey Payette
- Sunday, November 9, 7 PM The Piano Teacher by Dorothy Dittrich
These works cover diverse subject matter and speak about universal themes of love, loss, friendship, vengeance, and acceptance. Find out more about the playwrights and their works HERE.
*All the reading will be held at the Revue Stage on Granville Island (with the exception of Gross Misconduct, which will be held at the Rehearsal Hall on Granville Island).
Veda Hille, co-writer for the new musical Onegin
The series starts November 2 with a special event to host the presentation of Onegin by Veda Hille and Amiel Gladstone (who were the creative force behind the funny and moving musical Do You Want What I Have Got? A Craigslist Cantata). The evening will include a post-reading reception in the lobby of the Revue Stage with light refreshments at 9 PM. Please RSVP by Thursday, October 30 to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in attending the reception.